Determine what forms you will need for your project:
All Science Fair Forms:
Official Abstract Form 2018
Science Fair Forms
Confused by the forms? The links below offer some clarification:
Detailed Forms summary
Second Detailed Forms Summary
Power Point for Forms 1, 1A, 1B
All ISEF Rules:
ISEF Rules and Guidelines Link
Most Common Reasons for Projects to Fail to Qualify
Detailed Research Plan Instructions
Sample research plan
Research Plan Instructions for Projects Requiring SRC or IRB Approval:
Human Subjects Research Plan
Vertebrate Animals Research Plan
Microorganisms and Potentially Hazardous Biological Agents Research Plan
Use of Hazardous Chemicals, Activities, or Devices Research Plan
Engineering Projects Research Plan
Official Abstract Form -2018
Advanced Levels of Competition:
St. Johns County Science Fair
State Science and Engineering Fair of Florida
Landrum Middle School Science Fair November 17, 2017
Congratulations to all of our student scientists!
1st – Katie Shapiro Impact of a Low, No-Added Sugar Diet on Fitness Level
2nd– Benjamin Graham What Makes a Secure Password?
3rd – Caroline Maxwell Reaction to Motion With Color in Peripheral Vision
HM – Matthew Sides The Mandella Effect
HM – Bella Brinson and Music for the Memory
1st – Sai Prakash Plants Grow Better With Neem Oil than a Synthetic Chemica lPesticide
2nd – Alexis Magnano Hotter, Wetter, and More Acidic: How Could Climate Change Impact Planaria Regeneration?
3rd – Victoria Wolker-Kraljic A Spectrum of Light: How Does Light Color Affect Plant Growth?
HM – Lauren Minx-Tomlinson How Does Salt Impact Plant Growth?
HM – Andrew Hamm Cell Phones, Memory, Mice
HM – Audrey Hackett 5 Second Rule: Just a Myth?
1st – Aya Afsh and Rhoda Tawk Which Tea has More Fluoride: Expensive Cheap?
2nd – Theodore Maddox How does a Different Form of Sucrose Effect the Length of a Carbon Tower?
2nd – Carloine Gentile Got Gas?
1st – Alison Rhoads The Effect of Angle on Inclination on Solar Power Output
1st – Broc Obner Cloud Chamber: See the Unseen
2nd – Gabriel Rigdon Why Is the Ice Melting Faster than Normal?
2nd – Noam Ben Simon The Rieman Hypothesis
3rd – Landon McIntosh Image Generation through Machine Learning
3rd – Carissa Talbert A Magnetic Cure for Lukemia
HM – Matthew Hendrickson The Way the Ball Bounces
HM – Matthew Andersen The Effects of Weight and Shape on Projectile’ Accuracy and Precision
AFTER SCHOOL AGENDA
(Meetings held 2-3 in Mr. Anzelmo’s Room- 355)
|TASKS TO COMPLETE
|Oct. 31st Tuesday
MANDATORY MEETING !
Discuss backboard and binder
- General project help.
|Nov. 7th Tuesday
MANDATORY MEETING !
1. Discuss abstract.
- Abstract should be completed using the Official Florida State Science and Engineering Fair abstract form SSEF-Abstract-2018
|Nov. 14th Tuesday
MANDATORY MEETING !
1. Discuss requirements and expectations for day of the science fair
2. THREE PAPER COPIES OF ABSTRACT DUE. DELIVER TO MR. ANZELMO (RM. 355)
DO NOT EMAIL THEM TO MR. ANZELMO!
PROJECT DUE !
Deliver backboard (but not binder and journal) to Mr. Anzelmo’s room (355)
|Nov. 17th Friday
LANDRUM SCIENCE FAIR – 8AM – 12PM MULTIPURPOSE ROOM
Awards and Project viewing for family and friends 6-7 pm
- Bring project binder and journal
What do I need to do to participate in the Science Fair?
- Come up with a project idea.
- Attend Science Fair checkpoint meetings starting Tuesday, August 22nd.
- Complete background research and develop a research plan.
- Complete all required paperwork and get project approval.
- Conduct experiment, create a backboard, and compete in the Science Fair Friday, November 17th.
Weekly Checkpoint Meeting schedule and agenda
||Tasks to complete by next Tuesday
First contact. Discuss project requirements and timeline.
MISS THIS MEETING? CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT WAS DISCUSSED Week 1 Checkpoints
- Fill out student entry form and return
- Start project Journal
- Start looking for sources of background information
Discuss background research and bibliography.
MISS THIS MEETING? CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT WAS DISCUSSED Week 2 Checkpoints
- Create list of essential research questions.
- Complete a typed bibliography of at least 5 sources which answer your research questions.
- Visit science fair rules wizzard and determine what forms you need.
||Discuss Research Plan requirements and format. MISS THIS MEETING? CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT WAS DISCUSSED. Week 3 Checkpoints
- Complete a typed, detailed Research Plan
- With parents, complete all required forms
- Bring research plan and forms to next meeting for approval
MISS THIS MEETING? CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT WAS DISCUSSED. Week 4 Checkpoints
|Revise research plan and correct paperwork
||Submit FINAL DRAFT of Research Plan and all paperwork for SRC/IRB Review
||Revise research plan and re-submit for approval
Links related to your final project:
Participant Instructions for the Day of the Fair